One of the most exciting things about purchasing an NFT is that it proves your unique ownership of a digital asset. This means you’re purely within your rights if you choose to transfer that asset to another person. We’ll show you how.
1. Start by opening your Bitski Wallet and clicking the NFT you’d like to transfer.
2. Once you’ve clicked the NFT, you’ll notice a button that says “Transfer.” Go ahead and click it!
3. The next screen will prompt you to enter the wallet address of the recipient.
Make sure to go slow and confirm that you’ve entered the correct wallet address! As much as we’d like to, Bitski cannot retrieve NFTs that are sent to the wrong address due to the immutable nature of the Ethereum blockchain. More on that here!
4. You’ll notice that there is a transaction or “gas fee” associated with your transfer.
This is a fee that is charged for every transaction on the Ethereum blockchain. “Gas fees” fluctuate constantly based on current supply and demand. It’s important to note that Bitski doesn’t control or receive this fee, so we cannot refund it. To learn more about gas, check out this article.
5. Once you’ve entered the wallet destination address (and checked it twice!), click the “Confirm” button.
6. You’ll be taken to this screen, where you can do a final review of the destination address and transaction fee.
If everything looks good, go ahead and click “Authorize.”
7. And you’re done!
Remember that transactions on the blockchain can take around 30 minutes or more to be reflected on your account. Take this opportunity to go on a little walk, fold that laundry you’ve been meaning to get to, or check out our Live Feed for fresh new drops.
Transferring Polygon NFTs
If you have a Polygon NFT in your Bitski wallet, this NFT will need the MATIC gas token to be used for the gas needed a transfer. To get the MATIC gas token into your Bitski wallet, please check the Polygon article here.